Friday, January 19, 2007

OK, well, this is my first time blogging. I admit it.

What I hope to accomplish here is to establish an on-line forum on anything north Tahoe related. Real Estate is what I do....so mostly I was hoping to open a dialogue with anyone who would like to ask me questions in using the digital domain rather then the analog, or by phone to be exact. That way an archive can be formed and left for those that might like to just peruse.

What going on lately is that the market has been slow-much like the rest of the country. But, the rumour is that it is picking up. I spoke to a Northstar agent today who said his office has entered into 7 transactions in the last 10 days. That is a good sign. Currently our median single family home is at $910,000. And, despite the slowdown we appreciated 12% in the single family realm while the condos corrected down -5%. One thing holding us back is the lack of snow. We are way behind in overall accumulation and have had no major(3-4') storms this year(at lake level). The ski areas are open but there has been no buzz yet this year(about great conditions) to bring the people up from the bay area who make up the bulk of our property buyers.

Ok, that wasn't so bad. I would love for someone to chim in, ask me a question etc. Thank you!

No comments: